Unnecessary and unproductive meetings waste significant time in the workplace. Yet we all rely on meetings to communicate and collaborate with our teams, coworkers, and clients regularly.
This course provides a guide to effective meetings—from both the meeting facilitator’s and participant’s perspective.
As a meeting facilitator, you’ll learn about your role and responsibilities, including how to create a meeting agenda, encourage equal participation, keep a meeting on topic, and build consensus or manage conflict in meetings. As a meeting participant, you’ll learn how to speak up in meetings, voice disagreement respectfully, and be a model attendee.
Time to complete: 1 hour
- For meeting facilitators:
- 6 steps for running effective meetings
- Scheduling meetings
- Creating a meeting agenda
- The importance of meeting minutes
- Group facilitation techniques
- Building consensus in meetings
- Managing conflicts in meetings
- For meeting participants
- How to be a model meeting participant
- Speaking up in meetings
- Voicing disagreement
- Do’s and don’ts